New York Knicks Odds
New York Knicks Odds
The hope was that the New York Knicks would take even bigger steps under Tom Thibodeau and make a deeper run in the postseason.
Yet while the Knicks recorded the franchise’s most wins (47) and first playoff series victory in a decade, New York still went on vacation early with a series loss to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference semifinals. With a bonafide cornerstone player in Jalen Brunson and RJ Barrett emerging as a No. 2 player, New York appears on the doorstep of putting the pieces together to hopefully make a deep playoff run in the Eastern Conference next season. What moves will the Knicks make in the offseason to push that along?
Here’s what you need to know about how to bet on the Knicks online in New York, including live Knicks odds from legal online sportsbooks, key Knicks betting insights, and more.
Tonight’s Knicks Spread
See below for today’s Knicks spread at New York online sportsbooks. Click on any odds to go right to the sportsbook and make your bet.
Knicks NBA Finals Odds
Make bets on the Knicks to win the Atlantic, the Eastern Conference, or, Spike Lee’s heart be still, the NBA Finals. Check the latest odds below:
RJ Barrett Prop Odds
Prefer player props? Check the feed below for the best prop odds for rising Knicks star RJ Barrett.
- Team Record: 47-35
- Opponent Record: 0-0
- Scoring Rank: –
- Opponent Scoring Rank: –
- Date: Monday, January 1, 0001
New York Last 10 Games
Knicks Betting Trends
- The Knicks have compiled a 45-35-2 ATS record so far this year.
- Knicks games have gone over the point total 44 out of 82 times this season.
Recent Meetings With The
|Date||Home Team||Away Team||Result|
Knicks Player Insights
- Julius Randle puts up 25.1 points and 10.0 rebounds per contest — both team highs. He is also averaging 4.1 assists, shooting 45.9% from the field and 34.3% from downtown with 2.8 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Jalen Brunson leads his squad in assists per game (6.2), and also averages 24.0 points and 3.5 rebounds. Defensively, he posts 0.9 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.
- Immanuel Quickley averages 14.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists per contest. At the other end, he delivers 1.0 steal and 0.2 blocked shots.
- RJ Barrett averages 19.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game, shooting 43.4% from the floor and 31.0% from downtown with 1.7 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Josh Hart puts up 9.8 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game. At the other end, he delivers 1.2 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
Injuries For New York
|Player||Pos.||Injury||Game Status||Status Date|
Knicks players on the injury report as of 5/31/2023.
Knicks Upcoming Games
|Date||Opponent||H/A||Time (ET)||TV Channel|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
How To Bet on Knicks Games in New York
New York online sportsbooks and sportsbook apps are the most convenient way to make a bet on the Knicks and the rest of the NBA.
For example, if you want to get started with the BetMGM app, here’s how to go about it.
- Begin the account registration process by clicking on our exclusive BetMGM link. Don’t forget to use the NY BetMGM bonus code to take advantage of the full bonus offer.
- This gives you access to the best possible sign-up offers and you’ll get them right away
- Follow the prompts and enter some basic information
- Click “submit” when done and create your account
- From the sportsbook website, download the app for your device
- Log in for the first time
- Make your first deposit or use your bonus bets
- Search for Knicks bets within the NBA tab in your sportsbook app
You can complete all of the above in mere minutes. To place bets, you must be within state lines. Your location will be verified with geolocation tracking, which is software that all of the top operators use.
Knicks Live Betting and App Download
Once you have your betting app downloaded, you’ll want to take the time to check it out. One area that you’ll want to review is live betting. These are wagers you can place in real time as Knicks games play out on the screen. Also known as in-play or in-game, it’s a fast-moving market that has become incredibly popular.
The actual offerings will vary based on what’s happening on the court, but there are some basic options that you should see for every game. Here are a few examples.
- Updated Knicks moneyline, spread, and totals odds
- Which team will hold the halftime lead: Knicks or their opponent?
- How many points plus rebounds will RJ Barrett have in the second quarter: Over/Under 6.5?
For live betting, a New York mobile sportsbook app is the way to go. You can be watching the game on the big screen while glancing at your device from time to time to see the latest offerings. When a bet that you’re interested in comes up, you’re in position to take advantage. Live betting can help enhance your enjoyment of Knicks games like never before.
How Do Betting Lines Work in Basketball?
You can check the latest sportsbook odds and props for the latest Knicks game by clicking on the NBA or basketball tab. Once you do so, the betting lobby will be populated with all upcoming contests. The game listing will look something like this.
- Washington Wizards +3.5 (-110) +145 O 211.5 (-110)
- New York Knicks -3.5 (-110) -175 U 211.5 (-110)
The games are listed out with the road team on top and the home team on the bottom. Next to each team will be a series of numbers. These are the odds and lines for three popular bet types: point spread, moneyline, and totals. Each will attract a significant amount of action for each NBA game. Here’s a peek at how they work.
- Moneyline: Pick which side you think will win
- Point spread: The side you choose has to cover the spread that’s set by the sportsbook
- Totals: Choose Over or Under on the total set by oddsmakers
The direction of the numbers for moneyline and spreads tell you which side is the favorite for the game. The favored side will have a negative value for the spread and minus odds for the moneyline, while both numbers will be positive on the side of the underdog. The range between the numbers tells you how close of a matchup the sportsbook thinks it will be.
For both the spread and totals, you’ll see the benchmark number set by the sportsbook and the actual odds for the bet. Armed with all of that information and looking at our example, the Knicks are 3.5-point favorites on the spread and favored on the moneyline in a game with a projected total of 211.5 points.
The odds for the spread and total are set at -110, but they may move in response to market action. You can always shop around to find the best prices. For example, the DraftKings New York app may have the Knicks favored at -180 on the moneyline, while the FanDuel New York app has them at -170. While that may not seem like much of a difference, the odds have a direct bearing on your potential return.
How To Bet on Knicks Futures and Props
For even more ways to bet on the Knicks, you can check out the available futures and prop bets. Futures are bets you can place on an outcome that won’t be decided for some time, while props can be season-long or based on the individual games. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular offerings in the futures market.
- Team to win NBA Finals, conference, or division
- Over/Under on Knicks regular-season win totals
- Knicks to make or miss playoffs
There are futures with two choices, such as the Over/Under on win totals. This wager will look like a moneyline bet with odds on both sides. A multi-choice future, such as for teams to win NBA Finals, will list out odds for all teams in contention from top to bottom. The idea is to find the team you want at the best possible price, so line shopping can be helpful here.
On the prop side, season-long options include players to take down the league scoring title. Single-game props are very popular in the high-scoring NBA. Each time the Knicks get set to take the floor, you’ll have lots of options to consider, including:
- How many total points plus rebounds for Julius Randle: Over/Under 27.5?
- Which player will score more points: RJ Barrett or Patty Mills?
- Will overtime be needed to decide the game: Yes/No?
There will also be multi-choice props to consider such as the player to score the first basket or be the game’s leading scorer. Futures and props are awesome ways to get even more action in on the Knicks and the rest of the NBA, so be sure to take the time to review available options.
House Rules for Betting on NBA Games
All sportsbooks have their own house rules in place for betting on the NBA and all other sports. The rules cover what you need to know on things like bet placement and settlement. While many practices are standard or very similar across the industry, there could be some variances in certain spots. Here are the top points you need to know.
- All placed bets will be considered action once the game gets underway.
- Postponed or canceled games will likely be canceled or refunded.
- A game with a slight delay may be considered active until it’s completed.
- Settlement will be based on official league data and statistics.
One specific area to pay attention to is how the sportsbook handles player props, such as in the event of injury during the game. If there’s not a dedicated link for house rules at the online or mobile sportsbook you play on, click through the help or FAQ section. Take the time to review them so you know what to expect in the event of an unforeseen circumstance.
Latest Odds on NY Teams
The NBA follows a specific formula while setting the schedule, so the Knicks typically welcome and visit all other NBA squads at least once per year. For the average 82-game season, here’s how it all breaks down.
- An equal number of home and away games: 41 each
- 16 games vs. divisional rivals
- 36 games vs. other Eastern Conference teams
- 30 games vs. teams from the Western Conference
The NBA schedule gets released in the offseason, and it’s always a big highlight for fans when it happens. Once it comes out, you can go through and circle all of the “must-see” Knicks games for the year, and even pick out some potentially appealing spots for wagering.
Check the table above for upcoming Knicks games.
Biggest Knicks Team Rivalries
As members of the NBA’s Atlantic Division, the Knicks have natural rivalries in place with the other members of the division. The games against the four other Atlantic members still serve as highlights on the schedule.
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
While it can be tough for current fans to remember, the Knicks were once regular participants in the postseason. From the 1987-88 season through to the 2000-01 campaign, the club made the playoffs every year. During that run, the Knicks had memorable playoff battles with clubs such as the Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, and Miami Heat.
Those rivalries have fizzled out since then, but the NBA can be cyclical with teams rising and falling over the years. In a perfect world, it won’t be too long before the Knicks get the pieces in place to be regular playoff participants once again. From there, it’s not too tough to see a new spate of rivalries developing with some Eastern Conference powerhouses.
Knicks Stats Leaders
The new Knicks nucleus is intriguing, so hopefully, they get some time to mesh and grow together. Here’s a look back at the per game leaders in key statistical categories over the last seven seasons in New York.
|2022-23||Julius Randle – 25.1||Julius Randle – 10.0||Jalen Brunson – 6.2|
|2021-22||Julius Randle – 20.1||Julius Randle – 9.9||Julius Randle – 5.1|
|2020-21||Julius Randle – 24.1||Julius Randle – 10.2||Julius Randle – 6.0|
|2019-20||Julius Randle – 19.5||Julius Randle – 9.7||Julius Randle – 3.1|
|2018-19||Emmanuel Mudlay – 14.8||Noah Vonleh – 7.8||Emmanuel Mudlay – 3.9|
|2017-18||Enes Kanter – 14.1||Enes Kanter – 11.0||Jarrett Jack – 5.6|
|2016-17||Carmelo Anthony – 22.4||Kristaps Porzingis – 7.2||Brandon Jennings – 4.9|
Knicks Draft Picks
If the youngsters are allowed to grow together, things could really be looking up in NY before too long. Here’s a look back at the last six top picks of the Knicks.
Knicks Bench Staff
Tom Thibodeau was hired as head coach of the Knicks in July 2020. He’s the 31st coach in franchise history and the 13th to roam the sidelines in New York since the turn of the century. A well-respected name in league circles with extensive experience, Thibodeau was an assistant coach with the Knicks from 1996-2004. Here are the other members of the coaching staff.
- Associate head coach: Johnnie Bryant
- Assistant coach: Darren Erman
- Assistant coach: Andy Greer
- Assistant coach: Larry Greer
- Strength and conditioning: Richard Williams
- Two-way liaison: Aaron Brooks
Past Knicks Coaches
The Knicks have had a revolving door when it comes to head coaches. Since Mike D’Antoni’s run from 2008-12 came to a close, six head coaches were in charge before Thibodeau was hired. Here’s a look back at how they fared.
Looking back through the annals of Knicks history, legendary coaches such as Jeff Van Gundy, Pat Riley, and Red Holzman steered the ship during better days for the franchise. Thibodeau will be looking to join that list.
New York Knicks Home Games
The Knicks play home games in what has been dubbed as the “World’s Most Famous Arena.” It’s right in the heart of NYC and easily accessible via mass transit, which makes it a popular destination for fans from across the state. Here are some of the key details about home base for the Knicks.
- Name: Madison Square Garden
- Address: 4 Pennsylvania Plaza
- Location: New York, NY 10001
- Owner: Madison Square Garden Entertainment
- Capacity: 19,812 for basketball
- Ground breaking: Oct. 29, 1964
- Opening date: Feb.11, 1968
- Construction cost: $123 million
- Renovations: 1991 – $200 million
- Other events hosted: Hockey, boxing, concerts, pro wrestling, etc.
The regular station for Knicks games on the tube is MSG Network. It’ll be one of Mike Breen, Kenny Albert, or Ed Cohen on play-by-play with franchise icon Walt Frazier handling color commentary. Games will occasionally be on one of the outlets for national NBA broadcasts: ESPN, ABC, or TNT.
When that’s the case, the network team will call the game. The flagship radio station for games is WEPN-FM, which is better known as ESPN 98.7 New York. Ed Cohen and Brendan Brown call the action on the radio side. Spanish language radio broadcasts can be found on WADO 1280 AM.
How to Stream Knicks Games
The MSG Network is part of local cable packages in the NYC metro area, as well as in NJ. On the streaming side, the channel can be found in some cord cutting packages such as FuboTV. In either case, you’ll need a subscription and valid login credentials to pick up any online feeds that may be offered by your provider.
The main NBA broadcast partners – ABC, TNT, and ABC – can be found in many more places. They’re a staple of cable and streaming packages, so when the Knicks are on there, you’ll be able to watch with ease and pick up any available provider web feeds with valid credentials. For radio, services such as TuneIn radio are good places to find the broadcast.
Best Bars to Watch the Knicks Near Msg
While catching the Knicks in person at MSG can be quite the experience, a good time can also be had while hitting a nearby watering hole to soak in all of the action. Since the team plays its home games in the heart of NYC, you won’t be lacking for options on that front. Here’s a trio of spots that are highly-regarded as stellar places to catch Knicks games.
- Address: 6 W 33rd St, New York, NY 10001
- Phone: (212) 967-7792
- Hours: Mon: 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. Tue.-Fri.: 11 a.m. – 4 a.m. Sat. – Sun. 9 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- This popular sports bar is just a quick walk away from the Empire State Building. You’ll find plenty of food and drinks, as well as lots of screens.
- Address: 43 E 7th St, New York, NY 10003
- Phone: (212) 420-0671
- Hours: Mon. – Thu.: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m. Fri.: 5 p.m. – 2 a.m. Sat.: Noon – 2 a.m. Sun.: Noon – Midnight.
- It can be tough to find the neighborhood feel in the city, but this spot makes it happen with craft beers among the highlights.
- Address: 485 10th Ave, New York, NY 10018
- Phone: (212) 842-1110
- Hours: Sun. & Tue. – Thu.: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Fri. – Sat.: 4 p.m – 10 p.m. Closed on Mon.
- Located in the popular Hudson Yards section, this venue bearing the name of a team legend has become a go-to destination for Knicks fans.
Brief Knicks History
The history of the New York Knicks stretches back to 1946. Established by Ned Irish, the franchise was one of the founding members of what was known as the Basketball Association of America. That league would go on to merge with the National Basketball League in 1949 to form what is now known as the NBA.
- NBA titles: 2 – last in 1973
- Conference titles: 4 – last in 1999
- Division titles: 8 – last in 2013
A number of legendary players have taken the court for the Knicks, including hall-of-famers Patrick Ewing, Bernard King, Bill Bradley, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, and Earl Monroe. In 1997, the Dolan family gained full control of the franchise. Madison Square Garden Sports is the official operating entity with James L. Dolan serving as executive chairman and CEO.
- Career points: Patrick Ewing – 23,665
- Most minutes played: Patrick Ewing – 10,759
- Most assists: Walt Frazier – 4,791
- Most steals: Patrick Ewing – 1,061
- Most blocks: Patrick Ewing – 2,758
- NBA MVP: 1 – Willis Reed in 1970
- Rookie of the Year: 3 – last for Mark Jackson in 1988
- Sixth Man of the Year: 3 – last for JR Smith in 2013
- Defensive Player of the Year: 1 – Tyson Chandler in 2012
- Coach of the Year: 2 – last for Pat Riley in 1993
- NBA season scoring leader: 2 – last by Carmelo Anthony in 2013
- All-NBA first-team selections: 9 – last by Patrick Ewing in 1990
The Knicks are owned by Madison Square Garden Sports, a holding company based in New York City that was founded in 2010. That’s the official name, but the team has been in the hands of the Dolan family since 1997 when Cablevision purchased controlling interest from ITT Corporation. James L. Dolan serves as chairman and CEO for MSG Sports.
To date, the Knicks have retired the numbers of eight players and also hung a number in the rafters for one of its coaching legends. Here’s the full list along with player tenure and date the number was officially retired.
- 10 – Walt Frazier, G, 1967-77, Dec. 15, 1979
- 12 – Dick Barnett, G, 1965-74, Mar. 10, 1990
- 15 – Earl Monroe and Dick McGuire
- Monroe, G, 1972-80, Mar. 1, 1986
- McGuire, G, 1949-57, Mar. 14, 1992
- 19 – Willis Reed, C, 1964-74, Oct. 21, 1976
- 22 – Dave DeBusschere, F, 1969-74, Mar. 24, 1981
- 24 – Bill Bradley, F, 1967-77, Feb. 18, 1984
- 33 – Patrick Ewing, C, 1985-2000, Feb. 28, 2003
- 613 – Red Holzman, Coach
- Number represents the number of victories while coaching Knicks
Forbes magazine conducts annual valuations for pro sports teams. On the NBA side, the Knicks are second with a value of $6.1 billion. The Knicks used to top the list, but they were passed by the Golden State Warriors, which are valued at $7 billion. The Los Angeles Lakers come in third at $5.9 billion, followed by the Chicago Bulls at $5.9 billion. For reference, the New Orleans Pelicans bring up the rear in 30th place with a value of $1.6 billion.
While the Knicks have had some trouble finding the right fit at head coach in recent times, it wasn’t always like that. There have actually been a number of lengthy tenures with the legendary Red Holzman topping the list. He served two stints with the club and led them to NBA titles in 1970 and 1973, winning 613 games along the way. Joe Lapchick — 1947-56 — and Jeff Van Gundy — 1996-2001 — are second and third on the list in games coached for the club.